We are a diverse, global community of dedicated professionals with a shared conviction: improving human connection allows any organization to get more done with less time, money, and stress.
We research and share ways to enhance the connections people have with one another and their work that increase alignment, lower costs and improve performance. This is work we are proud to do.
Our backgrounds include many different windows into human connectivity: negotiation, advertising, senior executive roles in global corporations, art, broadcast journalism, script writing, linguistics, acting, research & development, systems engineering, design thinking and advanced degrees in psychology, organizational communication, and learning design. We speak eight different languages and have worked in over 100 countries and 400 organizations. We have learned a lot and we will never stop learning.
No matter where we go in the world, we have found that where human connection is strong and results are extraordinary, people report three characteristics:
- Community: a powerful experience of shared purpose, trust, and mutual support
- Contribution: people deeply enjoy making a meaningful, measurable difference
- Choice: people choose to do great work rather than merely comply with the demands of superiors
From nearly 30 years of research we have found that:
- When community, contribution, and choice are present costs go down while collaboration, performance, and engagement go up
- There are learnable Connected Leader™ behaviors that make it all happen
- Those behaviors develop quickly when related to relevant, real challenges
When should you contact us? Whenever you want or need to achieve more with less time, money, and stress. If any of these disconnection signals are present we know we can help:
- Community signals: unresolved conflicts, turf protection, lack of shared purpose, poor cross-boundary cooperation, mistrust
- Contribution signals: unclear roles, slow and/or biased decision-making, broken promises, ineffective performance management, weak succession plans
- Choice signals: defensiveness, blame, excuses, resistance to change, top talent wanting to leave, poor employee engagement
Our clients have documented returns as high as 100:1 based on actual business metrics. We have worked with people on six continents in organizations such as AMP, Australia Post, Ball Aerospace, BP, Capital One, CH2M Hill, China Energy Foundation, Cisco, Coca-Cola, DP DHL, HP, Humana, Johnson & Johnson, Lockheed Martin, Lloyd’s Banking Group, McDonald’s, Microsoft, Mondelez, The Nature Conservancy, National Australia Bank, Nike, Port of Portland, Telstra, United Launch Alliance, US Cellular, Wynn-Las Vegas, Zurich Insurance, and many more.